Most would say we make pet food. We say we make honest goodness – in our products, our processes, our people and our philanthropy. Others know us as a leader in the pet care industry and as a ‘Best Place to Work’. We know ourselves as a wholesome family with a small-company feel, but with big opportunities at the global scale. We invest in you just as much as we invest in our ideas. If your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix? Join us in making more honest goodness.
The Nestlé Purina Pet Specialty Group’s Territory Manager is responsible for building and maintaining Nestle Purina PetCare Company (NPPC) business in all assigned retail outlets. The Territory Manager is the first line of contact with these retailers and is responsible for achieving both Revenue and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives.
Achieve Pet Specialty Group (PSG) retail operational deliverables and key growth brand goals. Execute team objectives & build integrated customer relationships at retail.
• Promote and sell-in NPPC products to all assigned retail outlets within assigned territory, including generating incremental sales.
• Execute PSG account team retail objectives and deliver assigned key growth brand budget goals.
• Develop and foster business relationships with Store Managers and key decision makers to execute a detailed action plan to increase and improve sales results within their stores based on sales analytics and best practices.
• Develop and recommend strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, district and/or area business activities.
• Optimize retail shelf and store conditions at all retail outlets.
• Maximize inventory at retail outlets – build and stock product displays.
• Achieve all merchandising objectives executing customer specific promotional plans.
• Ensure new items are placed on the shelf and out of stocks are addressed and corrected.
• Prepare for retail sales visits by obtaining and analyzing relevant store, product and market data.
• Utilize data tools to identify and close distribution opportunities and make recommendations to achieve 100% distribution on In-Stock and New Items.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to manage the assigned territory (3+ nights per month). Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory. You are required to have a valid state driver’s license and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
$100,000 bodily injury liability per person
$300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
$50,000 property damage
A willingness to relocate. (You will need to reside within the required territory or relocate for initial placement and advancement opportunities in order to be considered for this position). Relocation assistance will be provided for those that qualify.
Able to lift 50 lbs of product
Candidate must be willing to relocate or reside in Richmond, VA.
Richmond, Roanoke and Virginia Beach
Nestlé Purina PetCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Featured Hot Job
• Currently possess or obtaining a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by December 2014
• 1 year of sales experience or a sales internship
• Experience analyzing and reporting data in a business environment
• Experience demonstrating leadership skills
Business Development; Financial Management; Selling Skills; Team Dynamics
• We offer a competitive base salary, an annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Pension and 401(k)
• Extensive on-the-job training
• Company cell phone and computer provided
• Access to Nestle Purina Credit Union
• Leadership and career development opportunities
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran