Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. Our processes are revolutionary. Our pursuit of excellence is persistent. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. That’s why we’re a global leader in the pet care category and recently named a 2014 Best Place to Work by one of the world’s largest online career communities – Glassdoor.
The individual in this position will be a member of the Innovation & Emerging Growth Group (EGG) at Nestle Purina PetCare; a cross-functional team of experts focused on the rapid identification and evaluation of ideas with the primary goal of expanding Purina's current product, technology and business model capabilities in areas of strategic value to the company. As Front-End of Innovation (FEI) Manager, this role will be responsible for creating and executing programs supporting innovation, ideation and incubation strategy.
The FEI Manager works in very close collaboration with all other EGG team-members, leveraging their unique backgrounds and experience, to identify, prepare, and evaluate new ideas for incubation project consideration. This includes support of consumer research and preparation of idea prototypes for consumer review.
The FEI Manager is responsible for supporting the development of a front-end of innvoation strategy and leading the execution of both internal and external innovation activities and programs designed to identify a high volume of new, innovative, and relevant opportunities for evaluation by the EGG and commercial portfolios.
This position regularly attends EGG-led consumer panels and local-market scouting activities, as well as, attends relevant innovation and industry conferences to identify best-practices, to build a network of external partners and to develop higher levels of front end innovation expertise that can be applied to improving innovation effectiveness.
1. Ensures a continuous flow of new opportunities, ideas, and concepts into the EGG innovation assessment process, that are aligned with defined strategic objectives and identifies new and disruptive innovation opportunities.
2. Identifies, plans, and executes internal and external activities and programs intended to generate new innovation opportunities for incubation projects and commercial consideration. Effectively links proposed activities to innovation strategy and gains alignment and buy-in with peers and leadership in support of proposals.
3. Creates and engages an internal and external Open Innovation (OI) networks that enhance EGG opportunity discovery capabilities. Develops effective relationships and networks internally and externally. Key internal collaborators include Purina commercial portfolio Innovation and Renovation (I&R) leaders, Design Strategists, EGG incubation & co-innovation leaders, and other Nestle business and research organizations throughout the global Nestle network. Key external collaborator's include food manufacturer's, ingredient suppliers, and innovation leaders across industries.
4. Challenges organizational norms and capabilities to consider new and different innovation opportunities, approaches and methods. Effectively builds alignment among stakeholders to support new ideas.
5. Actively leverages the cross-functional expertise and experience of EGG team members in creating, evaluating, and executing "FEI Strategy" activities. Recognizes and appreciates the value of the cross-functional team-member's experience and works to gain input and alignment from team members in strategy devleopment and execution.
OTHER DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in EGG idea development and assessment activities leading to incubation project decisions. Activities include participation in crowd-sourcing activities, consumer research and EGG-sponsored Assumptions Workshops.
All other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Bachelor's Degree with 5 or more years professional experience in developing/leading innovation pipelines that have led to new value-creating innovations and/or disruptions within a company
Master's Degree with 3 or more years of professional experience in devloping/leading innovation pipelines that have led to new value-creating innovations and/or disruptions within a company.
Experience working in Consumer Product Goods or other relevent industry preferred.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran